I have a dream.
That one day all the 8 bit machines of the 6502 era can live together in harmony. I will not let the RP2C02, nor the RAM, nor even proprietary ROM come in the way of realizing my dream. That said, my focus right now is to build a hack-top using the W65C265S. This is a microcontroller based on the 16 bit 65C816 microprocessor, which is a flexible 8/16 bit IC that formed the core of the Super Nintendo.
However, for simplicity’s sake, this project has several simple goals:
- Learn 6502 Architecture
- Design a very small Apple II Clone
- Learn basic Hardware Hacking Tech
I may use the microcontroller version of the 6502 for simplicity, but it would be nice to have expansion capabilities up to 16 bits.
- Apple II Central
- 6502 Assembly Language Reference
- Ben Heck’s Apple IIGS HackTop
- Basic Info on Apple II hardware/firmware
- 6502 Compiler for C